- Market Daily Report: KLCI falls with Asian shares as Trump talk hits sentiment
- Market Daily Report: FBM KLCI up on crude oil as U.S. shares recover
- Market Daily Report: KLCI falls 7.78pts as UK blast hits sentiment
- Market Daily Report: FBM KLCI down with S&P 500 mini futures
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises with Asian markets after Macron win
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
The FBM KLCI index gained 4.15 points or 0.25% on Tuesday. The Finance Index increased 0.50% to 14696.66 points, the Properties Index up 0.69% to 1159.57 points and the Plantation Index rose 0.10% to 7900 points. The market traded within a range of 7.63 points between an intra-day high of 1673.57 and a low of 1665.94 during the session.
Actively traded stocks include SUMATEC, HOVID, IFCAMSC, REACH-WA, HIBISCS, VIZIONE-OR, GPACKET, SUMATEC-WB, BIOHLDG-WA and SCOMI. Trading volume increased to 2683.74 mil shares worth RM2107.28 mil as compared to Monday’s 1804.35 mil shares worth RM1452.13 mil.
Leading Movers were MAXIS (+17 sen to RM6.18), GENM (+10 sen to RM4.85), BAT (+86 sen to RM46.28), PPB (+30 sen to RM16.38) and HAPSENG (+15 sen to RM9.00). Lagging Movers were PETGAS (-42 sen to RM20.98), TENAGA (-12 sen to RM13.80), ASTRO (-2 sen to RM2.70), YTL (-1 sen to RM1.52) and PETCHEM (-3 sen to RM7.17). Market breadth was positive with 414 gainers as compared to 368 losers.
The KLCI closed higher with last minute spike before the closing bell rang at 1672.05 points amid overnight mixed performance in US market. The performance of our local bourse was lifted by buying interest in heavy weight counters such as Maxis, Genting Malaysia and Genting Berhd.